Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 1986 Kirsten question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I was looking at an auction for Kirsten's school accessories, and I noticed that in the picture it looked like the second tab for the latch on the lunch box (can't remember the Swedish name) was broken off. But I couldn't be sure, so I wrote and asked the seller about that. She wrote back and said that all the early lunch boxes were made that way--with only one tab for the latch. I don't see how that can be--I can't see how the latch can work at all that way. So I'm checking with you-all. What do you know about this? Is what she is saying to me true?

    I 'm not looking for negative comments about the seller--this is an honest question. I'd like to know if she is right.
    Joy

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 15, 2005 04:23 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AS far as I know there aretwo tabs on either end with one having a little tounge that sticks out to hold it on. I will look in my old catalog

  3. #3
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks. I just checked Meg's guide and Curt's guide, and they both have the two tabs on both versions.

    I emailed the links to those guides to the seller, and she graciously has decided that the one tab must be broken off of hers, and will post that in her description. She had just seen another auction with only one tab, so she thought that that must have been the way it was.

    I thought that I might have missed something there for a minute. I'm glad that I hadn't.

    Thanks again.
    Joy

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> I have seen 2 of Kirstens lunch thingys with the second tab BROKEN off - One i owned and a friends; they were both pre-mattel produced ones. [img]frown.gif[/img] </font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine had two tabs until it broke. Now it only has one (and no handle either). It was made from cheap balsa wood. The new one is much nicer and some day I am going to order a replacement.

    The Swedish word is tine (tee-na)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •